Sir Jony Ive made a rare public appearance at the Design Museum in London this week, where he discussed a range of topics with museum director Deyan Sudjic. Everything from the future of design, to Jony’s work at Apple popped up in the conversation, but the most intriguing parts where the insights into Jony’s design process.
Sir Jonathan told hopeful designers that a great design requires you to reject reason and comes with an enormous amount of failures. But he also shared some insights on how he’s become so successful as Apple’s Senior VP of Design.
Here are 12 secrets for designers Jony spilled last night:
- You are what you make
- Great ideas start in conversations
- Stop rendering and start making
- Keep your team tight
- Copying is not the sincerest form of flattery
- Reject reason
- Making gadgets smaller is inevitable
- Spend the energy on the stuff no one sees
- Don’t be different just to be different
- If you’re not failing, you’re not trying
- Reject more ideas than you accept
- Make good products and the money will come
Continue reading at cultofmac.com "12 design secrets spilled by Jony Ive"