Most of us fall prey to the tactics of such people who charge high amounts of money for a few basic things; those can get right even by themselves. So, instead of waiting for an expert to get your job done, it is time to take matters into your own hands.
People are often worried about getting visitors to their website, once the challenging work (setting up their website) is done. There is nothing to worry about this, as such. There are only a few steps involved in doing which you will be no less than a professional at getting your website on Google search results.
Any aspiring business needs to be present at the top positions when any person makes a search on search engines like Yahoo!, Bing, and Google. This enables the business or the website to be opened first and prime importance to potential customers. There is no magic or sorcery involved in making this happen, as otherwise considered by people because of the secrecy around the term "SEO." Let us look at a few things to get you started with:
To get Googled, you need to focus on great content, a mobile-friendly website and get indexed. Read on to understand them.
1. High-Quality Content
A good website needs high-quality content. SEO-friendly content doesn't mean just plant your website content with numerous keywords. Your content should be such that your readers get engrossed in your website's content. Not only informative but also engaging content keeps your customers coming back.
2. Mobile-Friendly Website
Today half of all global Internet traffic is from mobile, and Google knows this, and now officially, Google will give the upper hand to the mobile-friendly website. It will list them first in the search results. So make sure your website is ready to go mobile.
3. Get Indexed
Getting indexed means to get your website's name on the Index of Google or Yahoo or any other search engine. Search engines have crawlers, or spiders, that crawl through your website and all the pages and links. These crawlers add the collected information and keywords into a search engine index. When a person searches for a keyword, the search results display a website with relevant keywords by looking into its index.
Below are a few ways of indexing your website:
- Google Webmaster Tools: Google webmaster tools will let you manually submit your website's details to Google to include in the index. You can even check the status of your website's crawling process and how far the crawling process has reached.
- Fetch as Google: This step comes when you add new pages to your website after your website has been crawled. You can request Google to "Fetch" the website's selective pages. In this way, you skip the hassle of having your complete website crawled.
- Sitemap: A sitemap is a map of your website which helps crawlers to get through your website. If you do not manually add your website's details to search engines, then a sitemap is useful - it acts as a guide for search engines to reach all pages from one page.
Note: If you are using Budo, you have an added benefit of using the advanced feature of it, which creates a sitemap for you instead of making you create one yourself.
- Easy to load, easy to get Googled: If a site loads easily, without hassle, and doesn't take much time to load, then it is going to get indexed much faster. So, make sure that along with high-quality content, you have features that do not hold too much weight. It is essential for search engine optimization as well as for users to navigate through your website.
- Add your links everywhere: Links from other web pages or blogs to your website makes it look like your website or product is the expert in your field if the visitors find your link on many sources. These links included in higher ranking websites will also help your site be ranked higher in search engine search results. It is suggested that you provide the links to your website to those already popular and arrive at the search results' top. The credibility of those websites and blogs will make the visitors believe that your products are reliable too.
- Identifying Prime Keywords: If you are selling a cosmetic, find keywords to describe your product or your website's service. Add those keywords on your web pages to get found. Keywords could be one word, a sentence, or a phrase. If you do not know how to find the keywords, check GoodKeywords, WordTracker, or other tools. They can help you find what people often search for similar products or services like yours.
- Adding Keywords at the Right Locations: Tactful placement of keywords and phrases is also an essential factor in enabling your website to get indexed. The places where you add the phrase is as important as the number of times you add that phrase to your website. Adding keywords to headings and sub-headings are the places you can start with, followed by the beginning of the essay and the ending, and then the conclusion.
- Keep it Fresh: Keep adding new content regularly to your website; it helps search engines to index and re-index your webpages. The more you work, the better the fruits you are going to yield. Start your blog, alongside your website, to make new content about your business.
These pointers stated above should help you quickly get through with your website SEO.
Make your website with Budo, and get your website found on Google!
Closing note, in case you are building a website using Budo, then you have good news with Budo's built-in social media platform & SEO Booster promoting your site is effortless. Everything in Budo is designed to be simple and intuitive.
Budo SEO Booster
Once your website is online, the next thing you wish is to generate traffic to your website. Add search phrases and keywords on each page of your website to target your customers on leading search engines. Budo is perfectly build to optimize your search engine ranking. Budo provides simple but powerful Search Engine Optimization (SEO) features to improve your website rankings on leading search engines.
Budo auto-generates site map for your website. A site map helps website users navigate your site content simple. It also helps search engines to crawl all links on your website.
A blog, along with the website, is essential for any business. Add a beautiful and customizable blog to your website. Blogging is a relatively easy, inexpensive way to enhance your marketing efforts, drive traffic to your site, and attract more prospective customers. Share your ideas with the world, start telling your story.
You get all this and more when you make your website using Budo.