The "cloud" everyone is talking about it. More and more business are adopting cloud computing solutions to run their business in an easier, more cost effective way. It's no more buzzword.
Cloud computing allows you to change your business infrastructure quickly as your business change. It allows to streamline your operations, improve efficiencies and reduce costs.
As a small business owner, what’s in it for you?
1. Scalability: Cloud computing's most important advantage is scalability. This feature of cloud technology enables small business to do business on a larger scale without investing much upfront. It provides access to enterprise-level applications at very cost effective way.
2. Cost Reduction: Cloud computing made it possible to deliver Software as a Service (SaaS) as against the old method of delivering them on Compact Disc (CD). SaaS is a new way of using any software on demand. It means you only pay when you use them or pay the minimum subscription to use instead of buying expensive license.
3. Productivity: Using online softwares like document sharing, spreadsheets, presentation, invoicing, etc., employees can easily access and collaborate while away from the office. Many small businesses have employees working remotely, and need both mobility and flexibility. Cloud computing is allowing this, resulting in increased productivity.
4. Boost Collaboration: Employees from everywhere can access and work with the same document in real time, no more emails exchange with attachments to open. Better collaboration improves productivity and creativity.
5. Easy To Adopt: Nothing to install either new hardware or software; no IT administration or license management. It is often so seamless to the user no training is required.
6. Data Safety: Data is crucial for any business. Losing important data can be as damaging as getting out of business. Cloud environment can save you, imagine if you lose your laptop or worse, your whole office; you can still get back to business in no time. All your business information and files are securely in place.
7. Security: In fact, cloud computing can be more secure than a traditional IT infrastructure. Cloud computing providers like Amazon, Google, Rackspace, Microsoft, etc. build multiple levels of security and redundancy into their data centers.
"Cloud" is no longer just for “tech geeks.” The cloud computing is a game-changer, enabling small business owners to focus on the business they’re passionate about.