As we embarked on a journey to be remote working at Shimbi Labs, its just 3 months and we are enjoying it so much.
We had our first Coming Together Week at Shimbi Labs during 10th to 15th June, during our Pizza Day with 30" Pizza for lunch we discussed our experience of remote work.
Here is what the team is experiencing -
- We are where we are most motivated, happiest and productive.
- We have stopped commuting to work, where hardly the work gets done after tiring commute and then multiple distractions.
- We now only focus on the job get done than who behaves how or who works how much or who come to the office at what time.
- We have now more time for family and meaningful conversation.
- We can spend more time on hobbies, taking care of health, with friends and most importantly eating healthy food at home on time.
- We can now hire talented people from anywhere in the world. We are happy to reach out to them and keeping them where they most productive and innovative.
- We collaborate, we talk, we chat and have fun like everyone else but now virtually. Some time we travel together and work.
- Our different time zone allows us to serve all customers on time, almost all the time remote work
While we are loving all these benefits, it is not that all is smooth and no challenges. Some of the stiff challenges are on communication, collaboration, and maintaining human relations. But as we are moving ahead, we are learning and overcoming hurdles every day. I will write more about them in coming days.
For now, I would love to know -
Are you working in remote setup?
What good things are you experiencing?
What challenges are you facing? And how are you overcoming them?