Shimbi Labs is looking for three new people to join our engineering team! We need people to help us design and develop amazing software products.
We strongly encourage candidates of different backgrounds to apply. Shimbi Labs is committed to building an inclusive, supportive workplace for you to do the best and most rewarding work of your career.
About the work
Here are a few things we've worked on recently that might give you a better sense of what you'll be doing -
- Released the new version of Budo - our simplest website builder ever.
- Updated Mikan CRM code for stability, security, and speed.
- Released a new version of Shimbi Invoice - popular invoicing software for freelancers and small businesses.
- Launched Ninjin - an online store builder to sell anything online.
- Since January 2020, we designed and developed 10 + customized software for companies from India, Japan, the EU, and other parts of the world.
You'll be working hand-in-hand with a happy team to answer questions and share their collective wisdom at each step of the way.
Your experience and background will help us to grow. We have many things to learn, and we're eager to learn and explore it together.
1. PHP Engineer
We're looking for someone with experience. You should be very familiar with PHP, Codeignitor, and similar frameworks, MySQL, and all the typical frontend components.
2. Mobile Engineer
We're looking for someone with experience. You should be very familiar with Android or iOS development. You can develop hybrid mobile Apps using either react native or any other technology.
You enjoy the excitement of developing new software, mobile apps, and you have a vision for building stable, reliable, and performant systems.
Solid fundamentals with software development, debugging, and teamwork is what we are looking for in you.
You might have a Computer Science or Engineering degree, or you might not. Your university is not what we're looking for. We care about what you can do at work and how you do it.
This is a remote job. You're free to work where you work best, anywhere in the world: home, co-working space, coffee shops.
No one is managers at Shimbi Labs. We're committed generalists, eager learners, conscientious workers, and curators of what's essential. We're quick to trust. We are kind to each other, we look up to each other, and support each other. We achieve together. We are colleagues. We are here to do our best work.
Do you recognise yourself in these statements:
- You are comfortable under pressure, and you enjoy working on a broad array of projects with different technical requirements.
- You love unwinding tricky problems, finding the causes, and fixing them for good.
- You take pride in your work with or without accolades from others.
- You care about your coworkers and want to make their lives better.
- You enjoy working across teams to help ship new features and fix bugs.
- You approach your work with curiosity, enthusiasm, and tenacity.
Pay and benefits
- The salary for this position is INR 20000 - INR 40,000 (Jr Engineer - Engineer). We assess your seniority relative to the team at Shimbi Labs during the interviewing process. It dosn't mater how many years you worked before.
- Work from anywhere.
- Allowance for the Internet connection.
- Laptop and power backup.
- 21 days paid leaves.
- Health insurance after a year with us.
How to apply
Please send an application and cover letter here.
Introduce yourself as a colleague. We're giving you our full attention.
We're accepting applications until July 31, Friday, 2020, at 7:00 PM IST. Keep your cover letter sharp, short, and get across what matters to you. Tell us why you need this job? How can you help ShimBi Labs? Why should you be hired?
Next: We expect to take a week to review all applications. Those selected for the next stage will start getting take-home technical test. This is a real coding test which we expect you to finish in 3 days. The next step is to get to know each other. An hour-long discussion with your future colleagues, on your schedule. We'll talk about your code, and we wish to learn more about your life goals: no brainteasers, or whiteboard coding. We aim to make an offer by the end of 10th August with a start date mid of August.
We appreciate that you decided to apply for a job opening at ShimBi Labs. Our conversation starts with this post.
We look forward to hearing from you.